Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

// keeping watch //

sometimes i have words that spill from me like a force 
uncontrollable 

and other times i have no words,
just silence

i love words

and i love silence.

but what i hate is neither.

the the words that are empty,
frivolous.

the words that spill without self control, 
thoughtless.

foolish human.

you only have so many opportunities to fill that silence with
worthwhile conversation.

so stop with the mindless
words

the predictable,
forgettable,
conversation.

that makes
my
head
hurt.

and that makes me cringe
with disappointment,
when i hear it leave my mouth. 

here's to filling those opportunities 
with words that will leave an imprint on 
the mind;
with conversation that will honor God,
and lift the spirit of the ones 
listening. 

<3 eva
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
happy november, dear ones
"you have the potential to make things beautiful, yes you."
-unknown // via

4 comments:

  1. YOU EXPLAINED IT PERFECTLY SCREAMS ♥♥♥ but this is what beats in my lungs when people talk to me. I don't want a worthless conversation, I want to talk about the stars and the moon and the glory of God that shows itself in every living thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love love it. So many words that are said these days are not glorifying to God, and it makes my heart sad.
    I love your blog, I love how you proclaim Christ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA. WOW. THIS. IS. DEEP. AND. HEAVY. "the predictable, forgettable, conversation. < Literally, that is so perfect and exact. I know that feeling of disappointment too. Wow, this is awesome. Just...gah. ♥

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesss, wow. love you all so much!! thank you for your beautiful comments that make me smile! <3

    ReplyDelete

this blogging community and their comments are what give me purpose to blogging. they encourage and inspire, even if its the littlest of notes <3 thank you for taking the time to comment!