Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

// breaking free //

these are words of fright:

these are words of the night.

when i lay there in the dark,

after the pass of the light,

and my flesh crawls out and sits before me

like the lord of the flies saying,

"you know what you have to do"

i want to shout,

i want to scream,

i want to sob like a broken child.

no.

this is the flesh talking,

this is my inner self, the sin coated monster,

me.

i don't have to listen to it,

i don't have to obey its every whim, desire,

or command.

because i belong to one of a higher calling.

JESUS CHRIST

and He calls me to look at Him.

to think on things holier than those ugly, selfish thoughts 

sitting before me with filthy grins. 

be gone with you,

you pig.

and good riddance. 

<3 eva
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
"i'm thinking too much, help me."
twenty one pilots // ride // via 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the lord of the flies input :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poems are some of the best, Evelyn dear. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both, i don't know what i'd do without all of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. This is amazing. I can't wait to read more of your writing! <3

    Stay lovely dear.

    xx Lorraine // Laurel Crowned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Lorraine! your words mean a lot =)

      Delete
  5. This is soooooooooooooooooooooo beautifully written. and I relate so much. You're so awesome. All your blogposts are so unique and intriguing and relatable. < apparently not a word, but I'm using it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. olivia! thank you! its good to know i'm not alone in all these dark thoughts.
      p.s you're awesome too <3

      Delete
  6. *flails happily over lotf reference*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aLSO EVA THIS IS SO GOOD AND REAL

      Delete
    2. its for you dear. i knew very few people would appreciate the reference, but for those who do (aka you) the blog post has a whole other angle.
      and thank you! i'm flattered.

      Delete
  7. oh wowwwww. I love this SOOO much. Your writing really speaks to the heart, and I think it's something that so many people struggle with. Thank you for showing where the hope is in the midst of the despair a lot of us have. It is so true how we so often listen to the lies of this world instead of dwelling on Christ.
    I just followed your blog, it is so wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete

this blogging community and their comments are what give me purpose to blogging. they encourage and inspire, even if its the littlest of notes <3 thank you for taking the time to comment!