Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

// a beating revolution //

it is made of bone,

thick, curved, strong,

and fragile.

the starry whiteness of each bar blinds me.

i look away.

how dare i tamper with such a fixed boundary?

it is a cage i have always lived with,

why is it suddenly so hard?

my heart beats a revolution, 

pounding against the walls.

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

i shudder

i must be a rebel to beat such a song. 

but no. 

my heart keeps beating.

continues beating.

every day.

through the night.

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

i stroke the bars of my cage,

thick, curved, strong, white, 

fragile.

i grip.

i tighten.

i break the bar in two,

my breath catches on its shards.

i look away from the destruction i've caused.

instead, i look out of my cage.

but cage it is no longer.  

my heart's revel escapes,

ringing in the valley.

my valley.

my life.

<3 eva
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
this life has been a landscape of pain and still flowers bloom in it
sanober khan // via

4 comments:

this blogging community and their comments are what give me purpose to blogging. they encourage and inspire, even if its the littlest of notes <3 thank you for taking the time to comment!