Thursday, July 2, 2015

// a beating revolution //

it is made of bone,

thick, curved, strong,

and fragile.

the starry whiteness of each bar blinds me.

i look away.

how dare i tamper with such a fixed boundary?

it is a cage i have always lived with,

why is it suddenly so hard?

my heart beats a revolution, 

pounding against the walls.

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

i shudder

i must be a rebel to beat such a song. 

but no. 

my heart keeps beating.

continues beating.

every day.

through the night.

FREE - DOM

FREE - DOM

i stroke the bars of my cage,

thick, curved, strong, white, 

fragile.

i grip.

i tighten.

i break the bar in two,

my breath catches on its shards.

i look away from the destruction i've caused.

instead, i look out of my cage.

but cage it is no longer.  

my heart's revel escapes,

ringing in the valley.

my valley.

my life.

<3 eva
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
this life has been a landscape of pain and still flowers bloom in it
sanober khan // via

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. There are no words. This has left me completely speechless. ♥

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, my loves.

    ReplyDelete

this blogging community and their comments are what give me purpose to blogging. they encourage and inspire, even if its the littlest of notes <3 thank you for taking the time to comment!